Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The First Blog


I love to knit.
Knitting is my passion.
I have been knitting since I was about five years old. I used to knit clothes for my Barbie, with a little help from my Mum.
I knit for myself, for friends, for shops, for charity. I do sample knitting and test knitting.
I would like to self publish my designs. That's something I plan to investigate this year.
My favourite knitting is for my 2 Grandsons. There's nothing more satisfying than planning , knitting and seeing those boys in my hand knits.
I have done a little spinning, but find that, at this stage, I am still a hand knitter at heart.

I have been dyeing yarn recently. Its fun to do and the results always amaze me.
I have my hand dyed yarn for sale on http://www.trademe.co.nz/. My name is nics3.
At this stage, I am reasonably new to yarn dyeing, but I really enjoy the results and find I want to keep all the yarns in my own stash.
Have a look at the yarns listed for sale.

This blog is intended for me to talk about my knitting..and talk and talk.
Feel free to leave comments as I would love to hear from fellow hand knitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment